Pages

Reason #42 The Nintendo Wii Will Eventually Be Outsold By Its Rivals

My eyes glazed over when I tried reading Shigeru Miyamoto's interview in Entertainment Weekly:

What are some real-world issues that would you consider putting into a game?

I have some ideas. One is that in Japan, there are a lot of trains that have sections reserved for the elderly or pregnant women. Young people in Japan sometimes sit in them, but if people come up and need them, you are supposed to get up. But most of the kids don't! It really upsets me. If I could build a game that somehow made the young people respect their elders... And there is another issue bugging me. In Japan there are a lot of people who freelance or work under the table — people who don't pay any taxes. I look at places in the world where people understand that paying taxes to the government helps society. In Japan there's not that understanding. So [social responsibility] is yet another issue I might address in a game. But I probably sound like an old man when I bring these things up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors